Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my BICYCLE!

A few years ago, Ruedi got a mountain bike and got back into trail riding. In the last year, I had also taken an interest in bike riding - anticipating the day I would get a bike and we would be together to take rides. Fast forward to January 2011. Dream come true! I got a bike this last weekend and the world can't stop us now!

For our first adventure, we headed out to the NCR trail (look it up!). We didn't realize it would be snow packed, but that just adds to the fun! We got in 10 miles before the sun started to set - not bad for trip one! We're planning on working up to trekking to the PA state line (about 20 miles each way).

Enjoy our pictures!

I graciously let Ruedi do all the work. I was documenting the occasion!

There's the trail! We forgot about all the snow we had gotten - and forgot to consider that the trail hadn't melted! Luckily, some of the stretches had been packed down by a vehicle, which sure made for an easier ride.

Whitney and Bevo! Yes, I named my Black and Burnt Orange bike Bevo. I've got to stay true to my heritage! And I accessorized in the same colors!

Ruedi's bike and accessories are blue. So I named them Papa Smurf. He didn't get a say in the naming process ;)

Not only did we survive, we still like each other! Our bodies were a tad sore from riding on such awkward conditions, but Ruedi assures me the trail will be easier when the snow melts!


Adventuring together is one of our favorite things. We are SO thankful for the opportunities we have been given to do such. Let them continue!

(side note: Ravens colors are everywhere here. We saw an older male runner on the trail in bright purple tights. YES!)

2 comments:

  1. Go Packers! My bike is blue. I don't interact with it much. Yesterday I shoved it outta the way so I could put up my extra set of golf clubs. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should definitely all go biking this summer together!
    Yes, I Facebbok-stalked you to find your blog ;)
    I'm so glad you guys could join us last night. Hope you had fun.

    Melissa
    www.thecorkums.com

    ReplyDelete